Can't find what you are looking for? Contact us and we'll get right back to you.
Yep! 100% of your donations via ALMA are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. All donations on ALMA are to verified 501(c)3 charities in good standing with the IRS.
ALMA sends you tax receipt after every donation, and all your tax receipts are stored in the “My Account” section of ALMA’s website and app. We'll email you an end-of-year summary of your donations through ALMA so you’ll have all your receipts in one place.
No, ALMA takes zero platform fees, where many other donation platforms take up to 10% of donations. We take none, and allow donors to tip if they choose. Any tips you might leave for ALMA to continue operating and expanding the platform are not tax-deductible.
ALMA covers a portion of fees charged by our payment processors and by Philanthropic Ventures Foundation (PVF) so that no more than an aggregate fee of 3% is charged for each donation, and the remaining 97% is provided either directly to charities or to recommended charities through grants from PVF.
Yes, we partner with Stripe, one of the world’s leading payment processors, to handle our transactions.
Many donations on ALMA will go directly to the charity of your choice. These charities have signed up to work with ALMA and receive your donations via our payment processing partners.
To facilitate donations to any IRS-verified charity, including those ALMA has not independently verified, donations are directed to a donor-advised fund at Philanthropic Ventures Foundation (PVF), a 501(c)3 public charity, EIN 94-3136771. PVF has exclusive legal control over your donation, ensuring your donation is 100% tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. PVF accepts your donations with your recommendation to make a grant in the amount of your donation (less any fees) to the charity you wish to support. PVF distributes grants to approved charities on a monthly basis.
The easiest way to make a donation is on our website or app, where you can donate by credit card, Apple Pay and Google Pay. That said, if you’d like to mail a check or pay with ACH, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share instructions.
Absolutely. ALMA is a great way to give meaningful gifts to friends, family or colleagues. Click on “Make this donation a gift” as you make a donation on ALMA, or from your donation history. Customize the card by writing a special message, then either print or send directly to the lucky recipient! Learn more here.
You can create a free, personalized fundraising campaign on ALMA, featuring one or many nonprofits. Invite your friends & family to join, and track the campaign's impact over time. You can also match your friends donations, up to a certain limit. Learn more here.
Of course! We’ve helped fundraisers host events and benefit concerts with proceeds benefiting ALMA funds. Get started here.
To support multiple nonprofits at once, create your own fund on ALMA. Start creating a fund here, and add as many nonprofits as you'd like. You can search by nonprofit name or EIN number.
No, the ALMA website and app are both free to use.
Many employers simply require a tax receipt as evidence of a donation, and you’ll get a receipt after every donation on ALMA. We will build more sophisticated integrations into workplace giving systems in coming months.