Effective Date: June 19th 2018
Last Updated Date: June 19th 2018
The Benevolent Properties provide a platform that allows users to donate to and connect with non-profit organizations (each a "Non-Profit") furthering causes and addressing issues that a user cares about.
Attn: Dan Hill
1808 Wedemeyer St., STE 185
San Francisco, CA 94129
3. A Note about Children. You must be 18 years of age to use the Benevolent Properties. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Benevolent and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Types of Data We Collect."Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us. We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail, phone number and mailing addresses and password:
· When you create an account to log in to the Benevolent Properties ("Account").
· If you use the Benevolent Properties on your mobile device, including through our Application, we may collect your unique device id number and information about your device (e.g. manufacturer).
· If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either reinstall the Application or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
· The Benevolent Properties may let you store preferences. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
· When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
· When you make a payment or donation on the Benevolent Properties, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information and billing information. Other than your zip code, we do not view or store this information directly on our servers, but this information may be shared with third parties who help process and fulfill your payments or donations.
· When storing files and messages using your Account.
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
· If you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on the Benevolent Properties the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on the Benevolent Properties.
· That you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Benevolent Properties.
· At other points on the Benevolent Properties that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(c) Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make the Benevolent Properties more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Pixel Tags. In addition, we may use"Pixel Tags" (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate unwanted messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users' Personal Data.
· How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We currently respond to and honor "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that might enable users to opt out of tracking on the Website.
· Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application, and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. The information sent to us in the event of an Application crash is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
(d) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, you may provide your and the third party's names and e-mail addresses to allow us to verify to you whether the third party has created an Account. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to upload and allow us to access and use the third party's names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database.
(e) Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone, we collect your location information to provide relevant, local Non-Profits, content, and event information. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
· To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· To identify you as a user in our system;
· To provide improved administration of the Benevolent Properties;
· To provide the Services;
· To improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Benevolent Properties;
· To send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
· To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
· To respond to your inquiries or requests;
· To make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
· To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Benevolent.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We may occasionally publish such content. If we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We may post user feedback on the Benevolent Properties from time to time. If you provide us with testimonials, comments, or other feedback you hereby consent to us sharing your feedback with your first name and last initial and hometown only.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Website navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites or Non-Profits. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your Account settings and changing your publishing options.
(b) Non-Profits. Benevolent will never share your credit card or other payment information with Non-Profits. Other than as described in this Section 6(b), Benevolent will not share your Personal Data with Non-Profits without your permission. Non-Profits are not allowed to contact you outside of the Benevolent Properties without your permission. Non-Profits will be able to contact you through the Benevolent Properties unless you have configured your account settings to prevent such messages. Regardless of your account settings, you will have access to tax receipts, provided by Benevolent on behalf of the Non-Profits to which you make donations via the Benevolent Properties. Benevolent may disclose your first name and last initial to those Non-Profits to which you make donations using the Benevolent Properties. To assist Non-Profits in meeting their disclosure requirements with the Internal Revenue Service, Benevolent may also disclose your full name, address, and annual donation amount to any Non-Profit to which you donate $5,000 or more in that calendar year.
(c) Users. We will share your Personal Data with other users solely as necessary for the purpose of providing the Services, including, without limitation, sharing your name and email address to confirm your registration of an Account with a user who has referred you to create an Account.
(d) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: (i) provide you with the Services that we offer through the Benevolent Properties; (ii) to conduct quality assurance testing; (iii) to facilitate creation of accounts; (iv) to provide technical support; and/or (v) to provide other services to Benevolent. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Benevolent.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS - YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83)
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A "CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER") MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES' DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED. CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS MAY REQUEST FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS LAW BY E-MAILING firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO ONE REQUEST PER CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER EACH YEAR AND WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO REQUESTS MADE BY MEANS OTHER THAN THROUGH THIS E-MAIL ADDRESS.
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on the Benevolent Properties:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from the Benevolent Properties for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
(c) De-Linking SNS. If you have linked your Account with an SNS account, and you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS account in the "preferences" section in your Account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us by contacting us at email@example.com, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
(e) Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. Additionally, we may periodically communicate with you via the Application using push notifications on your mobile device if you opt-in to receive such communications. Once you have opted-in to receiving push notifications, you may opt-out of receiving future communications via push notification at any time by changing your settings within the Application or your mobile device.
Security of Credit Card and Bank Account Information. For online payments, we use the payment services of "Stripe" (https://stripe.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to https://stripe.com/us/privacy.